[Seaside] Re: get value within a textinput with jQuery

Sabine Knöfel sabine.knoefel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 13:40:10 UTC 2013

Hi Johan,

I want to get the value of the textinput within the callback of the textinput.

Explanation:
With Google Places autocompleter
(http://webtrouble.blogspot.de/2013/01/google-address-autocomplete.html),
the user selected a place which is displayed in the textInput.
This works fine.

Now, I want to save this place in my model.

renderStartPlaceOn: html

"this script sets the selected place in the field with the id 'mid'"
html html: ('<script type="text/javascript">
	jQuery(function() \{
var input = document.getElementById(''{1}'');
var autocomplete = new google.maps.places.Autocomplete(input);
google.maps.event.addListener(autocomplete, ''place_changed'', function() \{
var place = autocomplete.getPlace();
var adr = place.formatted_address;
jQuery(''#{1}'').val(adr);
});
});
</script>' format: {mid}).

"this is the text input with id 'mid' "
html textInput
	id: mid;
	size: self defaultEntryFieldWidth;
	value: self startPlace;
	callback: [ :value | |theStartPlaceString|
"**********This does not work, how can I get the value from the mid
field which was set by the script above?********"
				theStartPlaceString:= html jQuery ajax
					 callback: [:v | v inspect. ]
					value: (html jQuery id: #searchTextField) value.
				self startPlace: theStartPlaceString ];
				onChange:
								(html scriptaculous updater
										id: mid;