[squeak-dev] [Seaside] New catalog entry for Seaside 3.0.3

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 09:37:48 UTC 2013

Hello
On 3/1/13, Chris Muller <ma.chris.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If a kind soul can get one working, I'll make sure it stays working
>> with the magic of CI on build.squeak.org. Er, that means that I'm not
>> sure whether Chris reported _working_ configurations.
>
> Hi, that Seaside configuration should "work".  I did not run the tests
> (don't know how) but I was able to start a server and  build a
> rudimentary page using one of the ajax frameworks that rendered and
> accepted input..

Thank you Tobias for coming up with a Seaside configuration which
loads fine and Chris for the SqueakMap entry.

I loaded Seaside from SqueakMap into a pristing Squeak4.4 image. One
click on the Seaside entry. I did not load any prerequisites.

Now my question: How do I start it?

It used to be something of the following

(Smalltalk at: #WAServerAdaptorBrowser) open.
(Smalltalk at: #WAPharoServerAdaptorBrowser) open.
(Smalltalk at: #WAServerAdaptor) open.

However none works. A note in the SqueakMap entry would be appreciated.

The note says: 'Seaside requires a web server; the most commonly used
is KomHttpServer'.

But there is no SqueakMap entry for that.

Then later let's move on to a SqueakCI job for this.

Regards
Hannes