[squeak-dev] [Seaside] New catalog entry for Seaside 3.0.3

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 00:38:14 UTC 2013

On 3/5/13, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (Smalltalk at: #WAServerAdaptorBrowser) open.
>> (Smalltalk at: #WAPharoServerAdaptorBrowser) open.
>> (Smalltalk at: #WAServerAdaptor) open.
>
> It may be you can't use that browser without OB which requires
> OCompletion.  For a web-framework to require a fat-client UI framework
> seems nutty to me.   :)

Yes, we had discussed that a few years ago. Just loading OB to have a
very small panel app is a bit too much.

> But did you try working with Seaside itself, starting a server and
> opening a browser on it?

Thank you for the reminder.

I could now load KomHttpServer through SqueakMap (see separate thread)
and then start and stop Seaside with

        WAComancheAdaptor startOn: 8080.

	WAComancheAdaptor stop.

The class comment of WAComancheAdaptor is helpful.

>> However none works. A note in the SqueakMap entry would be appreciated.
>>
>> The note says: 'Seaside requires a web server; the most commonly used
>> is KomHttpServer'.
>>
>> But there is no SqueakMap entry for that.
>
> Hm, check again, it's there.  Maybe you need to update your SM Cache
> (via the "Update" button).

I used again a pristine image and there it worked.

--Hannes