[Seaside] KomHttpServer on SqueakMap

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 20:36:40 UTC 2013

> Attached is a screenshot of the KomHttpServer entry for Squeak 4.4 on SqueakMap.
>
> The entry I loaded for running Squeak 4.4. and Seaside 3.0.3  is the
> one marked with
>   (4.4)
> which seems to apply to the Squeak version.

Yes, this can be changed.  The original authors appear to have moved
on from the community, I thought a break from their original version
number series might be appropriate.  When it came time to decided,
"4.4" seemed reasonable enough since the goal right now is for it
simply to be available in latest Squeak.  I'm open to alternatives.

> What do the parenthesis mean?

It means its "Published" attribute is not set.  Published was supposed
to mean the project will definitely not change -- Göran understands
the use-case a lot better than I.  We have a SHA1 of the contents of
each project so never understood why we need a manually-set Published
attribute.  So I generally just ignore it and the parenthesis printing
enhancement and would actually like to see it removed unless it is
needed for something.

> The other version numbers seems to be the version numbers of the KomHttpServer.
>
> Could you please shed some light on this issue?

If it is actively maintained, the maintainer should decide.  Otherwise
we can use whatever version # we want.