[Seaside] Re: I am experiencing the following reported bug

intrader intrader at aol.com
Thu May 23 17:47:55 UTC 2013

Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Can you upgrade to 3.0.7 or load Seaside-Pharo-Development-pmm.56?
>
> I did not find a reliable way to make stack introspection work on
> Pharo closure VMs. So Seaside-Pharo-Development-pmm.56 removes stack
> introspection entirely from the walkback.
>
>  [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=689
>  [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside307Changelog
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Thanks Philippe and Tobias.
I show my inexperience with Squeak and Smalltalk. I used to use Smalltalk
back in the IBM environment, and both Squerk and Pharo have progressed much.

I don't know how to upgrade to either 3.0.7 or loading a new version.
Neither do I know how to 'consider Seaside 3.0.8 on squeak 4.4'

What I find in the web is obsolete; for example the menus in help are
different and there is no Utilities.

I also don't quite know what happens when I do a 'Save As' or 'Save as new
version'. What happens when I want to go back and forth between the versions
when I start Squeak again?

I hope you can direct me further to either solution

Thanks again.