[Seaside] VM freezes; how to find the cause?

Bahman Movaqar Bahman at BahmanM.com
Sun May 26 10:00:28 UTC 2013

Hi all,

First of all, I'm new to Smalltalk and Seaside so please bear with if
I've got a naive problem.

I'm following Seaside tutorial
(http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial) on Pharo.
At the end of chapter 4
(http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial?_s=AUBiOz9XdOrP9E6O&_k=KG-uwEpv1DslDNOD),
whenever I try to visit the `/todo' URL the whole VM freezes leaving me
with force-close'ing as the only way.

I have two questions:
1.  Obviously I'm doing something wrong in the code.  Is there any
profiler tool that I can use to trace the problem?  With current
situation there's absolutely no way (that I'm aware of) to find out the
bad code.
2.  Is it normal that the whole VM becomes unresponsive?  I wonder how
to prevent this in a production environment?

TIA,

--
Bahman Movaqar  (http://BahmanM.com)
ERP Evaluation, Implementation, Deployment Consultant