[Seaside] Re: I am sure that experts would know wby the browser's format does not work

intrader intrader at aol.com
Mon May 27 16:20:22 UTC 2013

Tobias Pape <Das.Linux <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Am 26.05.2013 um 18:39 schrieb intrader <intrader <at> aol.com>:
>
> > Levente Uzonyi <leves <at> elte.hu> writes:
> >

> >> What's the value of
> >>
> >> 	SystemBrowser default
> >>
> >> in your Squeak 4.3 and Squeak 4.4 images?
> >

> > It is OBSystemBrowserAdaptor in both
>
> OmniBrowser changed between the seaside 3.0.6 and the seaside 3.0.8
> installation.
>   I was of the impression that the OB used by 3.0.8 would be more stable
> than the older one, at least it has seen more care by Colin….
>
> Anyway, when you click on the blue triangle in the upper right in the
> system browser, you can  select "choose new default browser" where you
> can select "Browser", which will give you the default Squeak System Browser.
> Be aware that the nice icons will then no longer be used, but "pretty print"
> should work, at least.
>
> Best
> 	-Tobias

Thanks Tobias, indeed I can choose 'Browser' and a browser change occurs.
However, the browser chosen is not the browser that I had operating on 3.0.6:
1. the format menu does not appear, I must click on 'more...' then on
'pretty print' (which does the job),
2. the method search bar does not appear.

I wonder which browser is available as default on 3.0.6 with Squeak 4.3.

I have further problems with the 3.0.8's version of Magritte. I am following
the Hasso Plattner Institut Seaside Tutorial's Monticello version 2
(including Magritte) of the ToDo Application (accessible from tutorial at
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/files/StLibrary/STTutTodoAppSeaside3WithMagritte.mcz.

It works perfectly on 3.0.6 and Squeak 4.3. Unfortunately, it fails on 3.0.8
and Squeak 4.4 with error 'StTask(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #description';
I am investigating why the problem as the source of the ToDo Application is
the same (as given above),

What I know changed is Magritte.