[Seaside] I18N these days

Sabine Knöfel sabine.knoefel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 08:17:20 UTC 2013

Hi Torsten,

I have my own implemetation of a RKATranslator class.

I write the translations into mongodb and have a small data entry
solution in my app where also customers could (later) edit additional
languages (and I use it myself for new translations).

In the app, if I need a translation, I ask the current sessions
translator instance (one for each language) for the translation e.g.
>>self translator labelCurrency
In RKATranslator  I have overwritten doesNotUnderstand: and the
translator asks mongo for the translation (key in the database is the
selector in above example labelCurrency).

I do also cache some fixed values, e.g. a list of *sorted* countries
in each language. Otherwise, I would have to sort the countries each
time, the view with countries is displayed. This would not make sense
for performance.

My solution is small and for my requirements, til now, it works fine.

It is a nice Idea to set the browser language as default. I will think
about it.

Sabine