[Seaside] I18N these days

Levente Uzonyi leves at elte.hu
Fri Oct 18 22:20:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Hi Torsten
>
> We use Gettext and Seaside-Gettext.
>
> It does the job, though we are looking to extend it with strings that include variables (e.g. 'Welcome %s, today is a good day'). Right now, we just concatenate strings but that does not work very well.

I suggest you to use numbered parameters. We use #format: after
translation, and it works well. The reason why numbered parameters are
better is that the order of words can be very different in some languages,
and swapping {1} with {2} is possible, while swapping %s with %s makes no
sense :).

Levente