[Seaside] go into production to do list

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at stfx.eu
Mon Sep 2 20:25:24 UTC 2013

On 02 Sep 2013, at 20:47, MartinW <wm at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Sabine Knöfel wrote
>> Which image do you use as base image for deployment?
>
> My deployed Seaside application runs still Pharo 1.4 Summer Edition.
> And yes, i also feel loading all the code takes too long. But it got faster
> recently in 2.0.

Yes, the latest 2.0 has got the code loading speedup from 3.0, it makes a huge difference.

Also note that you do not have to start from scratch each time !

Ideally you would build from a stock image to your custom image using one master metacello config. Later on, you can just take that image and reload the config, which will only load changed code. This scenario makes even more difference in day to day practice.

Sven