[Seaside] Problem upgrading seaside from an existing image (Pharo #14438 and Seaside 3.0)

Diego Lont diego.lont at delware.nl
Tue Sep 10 11:24:49 UTC 2013

Hi Dave,

I have found the root cause of your problem:
- During the update prices it tries to load
			package: 'Refactoring-Spelling' with: [
				spec repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTaskForces'.
				spec requires: 'Refactoring-Critics'.
				spec postLoadDoIt: #postLoadRBSpelling ];
from the ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser.
Because in this folder (http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoTaskForces') there is a file called ".mcz" Gofer fails.

So you can either circumvent this problem, by making this package not to be loaded (i.e. update this package by hand to version 29 (the version it tries to fetch when crashing)) or make a bug fix, that it should no longer crash on invalid named packages. When I look at the implementation in Pharo 2.0, this implementation is already fixed. The method
MCFileBasedRepository.readableFileNames
	| all cached new emptyFilenamelength |
	"<hyphenated-package-name>.<dotted.branch.tag>-<initials>.<count>.mcz"
	emptyFilenamelength := 'P-i.c.mcz' size.
	all := self allFileNames.	"from repository"
	all := all reject: [ :each |  each size < emptyFilenamelength].
		"first stupid way to filter first level broken files. Ideally we should
		remove any files not following the naming pattern: PackageName-author.number[(branch)].mcz"
	cached := self cachedFileNames.	"in memory"
	new := all difference: cached.
	^ (cached asArray, new)
		select: [:ea | self canReadFileNamed: ea]
is the fixed version.

Cheers,
Diego

Op 6 sep. 2013, om 19:27 heeft Dave het volgende geschreven: