[Seaside] Configuring Zinc & Seaside to listen 127.0.0.1 only

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Mon Sep 30 09:47:43 UTC 2013

Oh,

just read your last sentence again and you want to do it with seaside?

You could make a subclass of WARequestFilter that checks for remote address. This filter you can add to your application thus decorating it. Take look at WAExceptionFilter and its usage to get a glimpse of you can do it.

In your inquiry I read something security like in the subtext of your question. If this is the case then handling checks at the web application level is probably not the best suited solution. You would only secure one application and if there are more installed they would be open until you have all of them secured.
Binding the Socket for the zinc server to the loopback (127.0.0.1) device is better (and mostly easier). That way only your proxy and local users can access the seaside image and you don't need to think much more about it.

Norbert