[Seaside] ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor and debug

François Stephany tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:59:37 UTC 2014

I've started to use ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor but I can't get the behavior
I want.

When using

> ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor startOn: 8080 andServeFilesFrom: (FileLocator
imageDirectory / 'assets').
> ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor default server debugMode: true.

I have a super simple root component that renders fine.

But if I call a non existent method I get a 404 'Not Found'.

ZnSeasideServerAdaptorDelegate>handleRequest: znRequest
| response |
    response := self adaptor process: znRequest.
    ^ (response isError and: [ response isAuthenticationRequired not ])
            ifTrue: [ self staticDelegate handleRequest: znRequest ]
            ifFalse: [ response ].

That explains the behavior. Is there a way to set a debugMode that does not
trigger the fallback to the staticDelegate if the adaptor returns an error
? (opening a debugger would be great).

Cheers,
Francois