[Seaside] File download confirmation

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Apr 27 12:22:48 UTC 2014

Hi Bob,

I don't think you can do a file download using an ajax request.
You will need to do it like this:

	onClick: (		(html javascript callback: [self downloadMethod]) )

You can probably insert the use of a confirmation dialog in the script above (untested):

	onClick: (		(html javascript callback: [self downloadMethod]) confirm: 'Do you want to download?')

There also exist jQuery plugins [1] to get close to an ajax-like behavior for file downloads.

cheers
Johan

[1] http://johnculviner.com/jquery-file-download-plugin-for-ajax-like-feature-rich-file-downloads/