[Seaside] ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor and debug

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Apr 27 12:37:29 UTC 2014

On 24 Apr 2014, at 15:01, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at stfx.eu> wrote:

> On 13 Apr 2014, at 15:16, Johan Brichau <johan at inceptive.be> wrote:
>
>> To serve static files from a directory during development, there still is the Seaside-Filesystem package.
>> -> Load the 'Filesystem' group from ConfigurationOfSeaside3
>
> Too bad that code is not using GRPlatform 'file library' methods, which would help its portability, right ?

You are right. There are indeed parts that would be better when they use Grease.
There is also a dependency on Sport, which I think should be removed.

>> But I also do intend to replace it with serving static files from Zinc directly though. But, in the meantime, it's doing the job.
>
> I actually think an all Seaside solution is somewhat preferable for portability. Speed wise, Zinc would help, serving the files directly with apache or nginx is way faster.

When porting this library to Pharo3 and Seaside3.1, I had the idea to replace it with Zinc static file serving.
However, I think you are right that an improved integration in Seaside of this package improves development.
At least, we are using it and I tried replacing it but it always made things more complex.

> BTW: I seems to me that there is yet another option: a new subclass from WAAbstractFileLibrary that serves files from a directory. Should not be hard to do.

That is what the WAExternalFileLibrary is doing but it's not included in a project in the same way as a WAFileLibrary.
So, if an external file library can be included in a project configuration, it would make development with external resources a lot simpler.

Johan