[Seaside] Oauth without callbacks question

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:46:27 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I am trying to use OAuth (as a client) to a OAuth server in which the
callbacks are a bit messy. So for the moment, assume I cannot specify a
callback. So the only option I have right now (this is a prototype anyway)
is to copy and paste the "verifier" so that I can later get the access
token. I am basing my code in Sven's great Seaside demo. However, and here
is the problem, he does this to go to the authentication page:

 self requestContext
redirectTo: (self oauthService loginUrlFor: requestToken) ;
respond.

What happens here in my app, is that the browser redirects of course to the
OAuth authorization server where I finally can see the verifier code.
But...say I have to enter this code in my app...there is no way (as far as
I understand) to map it to the (previously stored somewhere) request token.
So I don't know which request token to use.

So I think the only option is that the above redirect in fact opens another
tab in the browser and that my seaside apps holds into the current request
token. Somehow, I would like seaside to then ask for a verification code or
something...

Is that possible? Any idea how can achieve that?

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com