[Seaside] Re: [ANN] Rickshaw.js charting library for Seaside

Sabine Knöfel sabine.knoefel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:31:48 UTC 2014

Hi Esteban,

I just tried your wrapper for rickshaw and it is great. I am excited about
it and I will use it for creating a dashboard for my application. Thank you
for implementing this!

There is one point, I did not succeed with:
Putting labels/strings at the x axis instead of numbers.
e.g. a bar graph with "Monday", "Tuesday" etc. in the x axis instead of
1,2,3

This post describes exactly my problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13266941/display-custom-labels-on-x-axis-with-rickshaw-js-library/14652472#14652472

I extended one of your examples and tried to add the tickformat option.
But this did not work. I have spent some time with other experiments to
solve this but in the end I did not succeed.

So, I ask you for help ;-)

This ist my code which does not work, it displays the function code instead
of "Mon", "Tue" etc..

renderExampleStackedBarGraph3On: html
	| graph theAxis|
	html div
		class: 'chart';
		id: html nextId.
	graph := Rickshaw graph element: html lastId.
	graph beBar.
	graph
		addSeries:
				(RickshawSeries
						color: 'steelblue'
						elements:
							{(1 @ 40).
							(2@ 49).
							(3@ 38).
							(4 @ 30).
							(5 @ 32)});
		addSeriesNamed: 'With name'
			color: 'lightblue'
			elements:
				{(1 @ 40).
							(2@ 49).
							(3@ 38).
							(4 @ 30).
							(5 @ 32)}.
	theAxis := graph  xAxis.
	theAxis optionAt: 'pixelsPerTick' put: '400'.
	theAxis optionAt: 'tickFormat' put: 'function(x) {switch (x) {case 1:
return ''Mon'';case 2: return ''Tue'';case 3: return ''Wed'';case 4: return
''Thu'';case 5: return ''Fri'';case 6: return ''Sat'';case 7: return
''Sun'';}}'.
	html script: graph asJavascript , theAxis asJavascript
the other example was
 e.g. http://code.shutterstock.com/rickshaw/examples/x_axis.html
with:
theTimeAxis optionAt: 'tickFormat' put: 'function(n) {var map = {0:
''zero'',1: ''first'',2: ''second'',3: ''third''};return map[n];}'.

but this does not work either.

regards
Sabine