[Seaside] Re: Pharo 3 / Seaside 3.1 - development time error

Sanjay-M sm at planage.com
Fri Dec 12 03:51:22 UTC 2014

I went thru the steps below for loading a new image ...
Configuration Browser shows version dkh.213 which I installed ...
the problem is still the same

In a workspace, print-ing
   (String>>#capitalized) sourceCode
does print the source code ... in my original and this new image.

Do you think there could be a file locking issue in Windows on the image /
changes files between Pharo and Seaside i.e. if there are 2 separate
accesses being attempted.

regards
Sanjay

Torsten Bergmann wrote
>>Windows equivalent of the command Sven suggested as nothing I am trying is
working out

> Just print or inspect the following statement in a workspace:
>
>    (String>>#capitalized) sourceCode
>
> It should give you the source code for the method String>>capitalized when
> sources are
> there.

> Additionally you can/should try:
>
>  1. Downloading a fresh Pharo 3.0 environment, for instance
> "Pharo3.0-win.zip" from http://files.pharo.org/platform/
>  2. Extract in a directory and start by dragging the image onto the EXE
>  3. In the world menu go to "Tools" -> "Configuration Browser"
>  4. Search for Seaside3 and install it from the config browser
>
>  Try if it has the same problem, I guess this is already the (possibly
> fixed) 3.1.3 version of Seaside.
>
> Bye
> T.

-----