[Seaside] Back button not working with nginx and rewrites

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 19:04:25 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I have a seaside website in which I do some rewrites. If I use a swazoo
server, the back button works as expected. However, when I deploy it using
nginx + rewrites it doesn't work anymore. I do have a #updateUrl: in my
main component and I can see the URL in the browser to be updated. I also
see that the request is being processed. However, the page renders again
the same page...so it does not goes back. _k does change as well in the
browser URL.

My setup is with gemstone, nginx and fastcgi. (I cc'ed gemstone in case
this is the problem.....)

Any help would be appreciated.

I paste the configuration I am using in case someone can help me.

The important part of nginx is this:

location ~* /clientXXX/appYYY {
rewrite ^/clientXXX/(.*)$ /$1 break;
try_files $uri @seasideclientXXX;
}

location @seasideclientXXX {
include fastcgi_params;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_URI $uri?$args;
  fastcgi_pass seasideclientXXX;
  fastcgi_next_upstream error invalid_header timeout http_500;
}

My app is registered as 'appYYY' and I execute this in the image:

| application |
application := WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'dp'.
application
preferenceAt: #serverProtocol put: 'https';
preferenceAt: #serverHostname put: 'localhost';
preferenceAt: #serverPort put: 443;
preferenceAt: #serverPath put: '/clientXXX/appYYY'.

Thanks in advance,

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com