[Seaside] Generate Excel documents from Seaside (Pharo)

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 23:30:56 UTC 2014

2014-01-31 Sebastian Sastre <sebastian at flowingconcept.com>:
> I know you sometimes want to comply just to please the client's perception
> but beside that is there a particular (technical?) reason why a csv isn't
> enough for your client?

There is no particular reason, except formatting.

And I'd rather use "open formats" above anything else. In the context
of a web app, it's not mandatory.

In other cases, the output from your system (a report/spreadsheet)
needs format, and many other things.
Excel is the oldest of the available, though esoteric, EDI files :)

Regards!