[Seaside] Checkbox and AJAX?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Sun Jul 6 12:14:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

Both in the context of the #script: ajax callback-to-smalltalk and the ajax #onSuccess: javascript-callback option, the javascript's this variable will not hold anything related to the DOM.

The difference between #script: and #onSuccess: is that the former defines a script rendering callback to be executed in Seaside and the latter is a jQuery ajax option to define a javascript callback (to be executed client-side) when the ajax call finishes successfully.

The onSuccess parameter will accept both a string or a JSScript instance as a Javascript to be executed
In a #script callback, the block argument is a JSScript instance already. The script concatenation operator '<<' expects another JSScript instance (e.g. a JSStream instance). If you concatenate a Smalltalk string with a JSScript instance, the Smalltalk string is serialized as a Javascript string on the JSScript instance.

cheers
Johan