[Seaside] TF-Login

sergio_101 sergio.rrd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:10:46 UTC 2014

whoa! so sorry i missed this whole discussion..  please let me know your
username, and i will give you access to update the package.

a little history. i really needed tf-login, but it was broken in several
places. i updated it to allow it to work in the new pharo, and posted the
results on smalltalkhub.

i really only did this as a starting point for newer development, and it
sounds like we might be good to go..

let me know, and i will give you commit rights.

thanks!

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Jupiter Jones <jupiter.jones at mail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry for replying to my own message again, however…
>
> There are 3 other issues that could be addressed for cross platform
> compatibility:
>
> TLLoginComponentBase-Class>>#initialize
> This method saves a document to disc, then load and displays it, if there
> is a display. Nice idea for a first time user, but probably not necessary
> with the excellent docs Tony has on his site.
>
> TLMultiFileDatabase>>#storageDirectory
> I think #assureExistence is deprecated (I didn’t check just now) and
> #ensureCreateDirectory is the way to go.
> ie.
> ^ (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: self storageDirectoryName)
> assureExistence.
> can be changed to:
> ^ (FileDirectory default directoryNamed: self storageDirectoryName)
> ensureCreateDirectory.
>
> TLTestApp>>#renderPrefs:
> is using #submitOnClick wasn’t working and I changed it to:
> onChange: 'return submitForm(this)’;
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jupiter
> On 15 Jun 2014, at 12:55 pm, Jupiter Jones <jupiter.jones at mail.com> wrote:
>
> > I noticed that neither of them load with an error compiling the method:
> >
> > TLForgotPasswordComponent >> sendPasswordResetEmailTo: username
> >
> > …because username is already defined in the TLForgotPasswordComponent
> class.
> >
> > This appears to have compiled in Pharo (don’t know why), but does not
> (rightly so) in GemStone.
> >
> > Can Tony or Sergio make this change, or if it’s easier, I can publish
> this minor change is someone can give me access.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jupiter
> >

> > On 15 Jun 2014, at 12:31 pm, Jupiter Jones <jupiter.jones at mail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> There appears to be 2 copies of the TF-Login package - Tony’s original
> on squeaksource, and one from Sergio on smalltalk hub.
> >>
> >> They appear to be the same. Which one is the “official-est” one? :)
> >>
> >> No changes appear to have been made since early 2011 on squeak source
> so I’m guessing it doesn’t matter which - just asking since I’m making a
> configuration to set and forget.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Jupiter_______________________________________________
> >> seaside mailing list
> >> seaside at lists.squeakfoundation.org

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
#BitMessage BM-2D8VWUJSS41RFKh1ec83preVabHrnniExa

http://www.Village-Buzz.com
http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com