[Seaside] Rendering components in ajax

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:45:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm having a weird system lock-up situation with a component I render
via JQLoad. And I started wondering if I'm doing something not
appropriate in terms of seaside component rendering.

tl;dr:
I don't know the possible unwanted side effects and constraints of
doing stuff like:
... (html jQuery: #mainContent) ajax load: [:ajaxHtml | ajaxHtml
render: ComponentB new ]

Long question:
Basically I have an ajaxified component A, which renders a ComponentB,
which in turns have javascript event handlers to do the same thing
with a ComponentC, it is... in ComponentB I also have a JS event
handler doing something like:

... (html jQuery: #detailView) ajax load: [:ajaxHtml | ajaxHtml
render: ComponentC new ]

ComponentC has some JS callbacks too, to perform some xhr calls to the
server, etc.

So far it works, but as said I don't know how this actually DOES work,
because I can't see the JavaScript code of ComponentB and ComponentC
in the Chrome DevTools, and I don't know if I'm leaking callbacks
(attached to JS events) that will never be called in the server side.

But what really is confusing me, is why if add a form (WAFormTag or
TBSFormTag) to ComponentC, it locks up the image while rendering
ComponentC.
I don't know why this is so, but commenting out the rendering of the
form keeps everything working as described above.

Any clues?

Thank you!

Esteban A. Maringolo