[Seaside] Question about Autocomplete

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 00:55:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have a question about the built in "html jQuery this autocomplete". I
have a domain object which has a field that is chosen using an autocomplete
list. The problem is when I have created an instance of this domain class,
chosen an item from the list, and then later on I want to edit it. To edit
that field, that is, to select other item from the list, I have to manually
erase and start typing again in the input field ok? However...if I click
OUTSIDE the autocomplete list popup, the callback of that field is
obviously not invoked, so that the remain value remains. I think this may
confuse some users, as they may think the object was saved with what they
typed but if they clicked outside the popup...the value will be the old
one.

The most critical use-case I have here is when I want to "unselect/nil" an
already selected item. In my list, I do have an "empty" item. If the user
clicks on in, that's perfect, the callback is executed and the field gets a
nil. But if the user removes all the input field, and do not click/select
the "empty" item, then even if the input is empty...it will remain the old
value.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

--