[Seaside] Re: Building realtime applications with Seaside

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 09:15:46 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Andy Burnett
<andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com> wrote:

> <<
>
> Hi Andy,
>
> There is also Zinc-Server-Sent-Events:
>
>   http://forum.world.st/Zinc-Server-Sent-Events-td4705635.html
>
> Nothing spectacular, but it should work.
>
> Sven
>

> Hi Sven,
>
> I hadn't spotted that you had added SSE. That's great!
>
> So, I think my new question is how I would wire that into a Seaside application. Is there a single  listener class that can announce data changes. Or would each component somehow wire its model to the connection?
>
> My experience with Seaside is very limited, so if there is a good example/guide to this specific question, i.e. handling changes to the underlying model, please nudge me in that direction.

You would separate the realtime part from the normal Seaside part.
"realtime" doesn't currently fit well into the Seaside
request-response model and even less so in the component and session
model. I.e there is a lock on each sessions to prevent multiple
requests from concurrently modifying the same component.

Cheers
Philippe