[Seaside] With several JQDialog ... it gets very slow!

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:53:54 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I have just started to use JQDialog...because it is already integrated and
very easy to use. In my case, I have tables where for some columns, the
contents shows a link to open a popup. With a table of around 250 items and
3 or 4 columns with popups..that is ... 1000 JQDialog instances at render
time, it gets very slow! The table passes from 1s to render to 3s! :(

I have benchmarked everything. From the server side, the response is fast.
I have even tried by specifying no html (so the popup does simply
nothing....and same results). The way I create the dialogs and the button
for them is:

div := html div
      script: (html jQuery new dialog
html: dialog;
         title: anItem class label;
         autoOpen: false;
draggable: true;
resizable: false;
position: 'top';
closeOnEscape: true;
maxWidth: 900;
width: 900;
         addButton: 'Close' do: html jQuery new dialog close).
id := div ensureId.
 html anchor
onClick: (html jQuery id: id) dialog open;
with: (description toString: anItem).  ]

Is there a way to improve this? For example, there is no way to make the js
dialog object creation lazy (upon button click)? I read that making the
dialog not draggable and not resizable increases speed..but I tested and it
was not that much.

>From js profiling it looks like what it takes time is the dialog creation.

Thanks in advance,

--