[Seaside] Re: Javascript calls through jQuery

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:13:11 UTC 2014

I'm bumping this.

Today I have a set of functions in a JavaScript file querying a
RESTFilter'ed component at a fixed URL. The REST path will return a
list of elements in a JSON response, which is passed to other js
function in the beforementioned js file.

I want to move as much as I can from the JS file to Seaside, because
now I need to add certain parameters to the request, and I thought it
would be simpler to do it with Seaside.

What I need is to be able to do is:
1. fill a form (a set of filters) which will send an ajax call to the
seaside component
2. The seaside component will process the form and decide what to
return (the JSON response)
3. Once the response arrives back at the client side, the json
response must be passed to another JS function as an argument
4. Must repeat item #3 every n seconds.

I can do this on the JS side, but I still don't get how the whole
jQuery machinery works in Seaside.
Seems to be utter powerful, but not as straightforward as simply
writing the JS :)

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo