[Seaside] Changing subcomponts after AJAX call

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:49:13 UTC 2014

I'm refactoring the components in my seaside application in order to
reuse some parts of them.

Until now, everything was a single component, and the selector was a
regular form, with an AJAX call to render the details of the selection
in a div working as a container.

Something like...
html button
    (html jQuery ajax
        onComplete: ((html jQuery id: contentId) load html: [ :h |
self renderDetailsOn: h ]));

One of the things I'm trying to achieve is to change a to
"master-detail" implementation, having the master as a general
selector component and detail as an specific component for the

My questions is how this should be performed in the context of an ajax call.
In normal Seaside flow I can have a container component and call the
detail with #call:/#show:, but I have no idea of how this should be
done in this context.

Is it safe to have something like the following?
renderDetailsOn: html
   html render: (MyDetailsComponent on: self selection)

What if I need to call/show from the detail component? won't it break
backtracking, it's not registered?

Thanks in advance.