[Seaside] [ANN] Pharo and ST books page (as another Seaside demo on PharoCloud)

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Mar 19 13:06:01 UTC 2014

Nice work.

+1 on your suggestion of the get,files,bugs,ci  idioms

---- On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 05:53:03 -0700 Torsten Bergmann <astares at gmx.de> wrote ----

There are some free Smalltalk books collected by Stef in the past.

 http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html

Yet this page is often unknown to people.

I therefore converted them to a more Seaside like demo using the Bootstrap project at:

 http://pharo.pharocloud.com/pharobooks

as part of the Pharo/Seaside/Bootstrap demos at http://pharo.pharocloud.com
Code for this is on http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~TorstenBergmann/PharoCloud.

I would suggest that we create a shortlink "books.pharo.org" for
http://pharo.pharocloud.com/pharobooks to it - any takers? This way we can
tell people:

 "Ahh you want to get Pharo, just use get.pharo.org"
 "Ahh you want to download Pharo, just use files.pharo.org"
 "Ahh you want to enhance Pharo, just use bugs.pharo.org"
 "Ahh you want to control Pharo, just use ci.pharo.org"

and now

 "Ahh you want to learn Pharo, just use books.pharo.org"

to be continued ...

Kudos to Stef for the collection and to Mike for being able to host
a demo on pharocloud.

Have fun
T.