[Seaside] Re: Nginx reverse proxying seaside problem

Paul DeBruicker pdebruic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 22:02:48 UTC 2014

Just for posterity and because I've spent time learning and forgetting this
myself several times:

If you're using Zinc by default it will send the Smalltalk errors out as
HTTP status codes, rather than have the errors pop up a debugger.  When
nginx reports a 502 error its likely a Smalltalk error in your own code.  To
have Zinc pass on the exceptions to a Smalltalk debugger start the Zinc
server with the #debugMode: option set to true. E.g.

| adaptor server |
	adaptor := ZnZincServerAdaptor startOn: self port.
	server := adaptor default server.
	server
		register;
		debugMode: true