[Seaside] Re: [Glass] Problem loading Magritte3 / Seaside3 in GemSone

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemtalksystems.com
Thu May 1 22:23:15 UTC 2014

When I try your load expression (GemStone 3.1.0.5 with GLASS1 installed), I
get the error 'Name not found: Filesystem' ... which I tracked down to a
"mistake" in the baselinefilesystem: method in BaselineOfSeaside3[1]. A
group named 'Filesystem' is defined for #squeakCommon and not for #gemstone
... The method in BaselineOfSeaside3 hasn't been changed in several months
which implies that something else in the chain has recently changed to lead
to the error that I'm seeing ...

I'll need more information from you to try to reproduce the problem with
'Core' that you are seeing, but presumably both errors are stemming from a
common cause (something upstream changed) ...

I think this is one of the pitfalls of using #lastVersion in your load
expression, since you are opening yourself up to non-deterministic behavior
in your load scripts...

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/glassdb/Seaside31/blob/gemstone3.1/repository/BaselineOfSeaside3.package/BaselineOfSeaside3.class/instance/baselinefilesystem..st