[Seaside] Why could a POST take too much?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon May 12 20:42:43 UTC 2014

> >> Are you logging the browser response time or is this server-side
> rendering
> >> timing? What is the code, etc… ?
> >>

> > I am using the developer tools. I attach 2 screenshots, one POST (normal
> > one) takes 246ms and the slow one that takes 1.66 seconds in this
> example.
> > Both "submits" were just a click in a menu button.
> >
> > The menu is renderrd like this:
> >
> > renderActivityMenuOn: html id: anId
> > (self showActivityMenu and: [self activityMenu isEmpty not]) ifTrue: [
> > html div id:'activityMenuDiv'; with: [
> > html form: [
> > html
> > tbsNavbar
> > id: anId;
> > beDefault;
> > with: [
> > self activityMenu
> > do: [ :menuAction |
> > html space.
> > html
> > tbsNavbarButton
> > beSmall;
> > beActiveIf: ((menuAction = selectedActivityMenuAction)  or:
> > [selectedActivityMenuAction isNil and: [self activityMenu first =
> > menuAction]]) ;
> > callback: [menuAction logAndValue: self.
> > selectedActivityMenuAction := menuAction];
> > with: [ html text: menuAction label ] ] ] ]]]
> >
> > So basically it is a form and each menu item is a button.
> >
> > I don't understand why a POST could take 200ms for one menu item and 1.6
> > second for another one.
> >
> > Any idea? how can I debug it?
>
> The POST is the callback processing, not the rendering. What do you do
> in #logAndValue:?

Hi Philippe,

I am confused by your statement about "the POST is the callback
processing". What do you mean?
In my case, I always get 2 request, one is a POST, which always answer 302
as status, and it is always very small.
Then, I have a GET which is the real request and the one that depends on
the thing I am executing.
What it is strange is that the first request (the POST that always answer
302) in one case it takes 200ms and in another 1.6 seconds.

the callback time isn't it included in the GET, not in the POST?

Thanks for the clarification.

> Cheers
> Philippe

Mariano