[Seaside] Accessing current session in RestfulFilter

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Wed May 28 06:39:47 UTC 2014

Sven,

is it possible you mixed in a "not" too much into your post? (sorry,
but  I am not a native english speaker, so I may as well be wrong)
I think you wanted to say that "pure" RESTful interfaces should not need
a session or any other kind of state that survives a single request
cycle. Some implementations or guidelines suggest putting state
information into the request data so that subsequent requests from the
same client can be identified.

BUT this is not a requirement and there is no standard that forbids
using sessions. You can chose to have server side sessions and this may
make perfect sense for some areas where you need to make tradeoffs
between performance/traffic and the share nothing principle.

Joachim