[Seaside] Problem loading css in updateRoot:

jtuchel at objektfabrik.de jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Wed May 28 10:01:20 UTC 2014

Hi Phillipe,

first of all: thanks for your time!

Am 28.05.14 11:07, schrieb Philippe Marschall:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM, jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
> <jtuchel at objektfabrik.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried adding a css file from a WAFileLibrary sublass to only one
>> component, because it is really just needed on pages that use the
>> WAComponent that refernences it. The reason is that if you use
>> #selectorsToInclude on the file library, the css will be imported into every
>> single page. It is a larger css file, and since our production server uses
>> https, I'd like to avoid importing too much.
>>
>> So I implemented this:
>>
>> updateRoot: htmlRoot
>>
>>     super updateRoot: htmlRoot.
>>     htmlRoot stylesheet beCss url: KontolinoFileLibrary / #buaDetailsCss.
> That's implemented in a specific component class of yours?
Right. That's in the component which creates html tags with specific
css-classes that are styled in the referenced buaDetailsCss

> The browser should not matter since it's either in the HTML or not.
Yes, that's logical.

>> Am I trying to do something at the wrong place - should I use another method
>> for this?
>> Is this a bug in Seaside? I have only tried in VA Smalltalk so far...
> Are you using AJAX?

Yes, the page that contains the component has a number of Ajax calls.
Most of them are only issued on click, keyup/down or blur. I do not use
ajax onLoad or such. So I see no connection here.
In my mind, the same argument as above stands: ajax shouldn't be
important here, the link is either in the <head> or not.

But I guess you have something in mind when you ask that?

Joachim

Objektfabrik Joachim Tuchel          mailto:jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Fliederweg 1                         http://www.objektfabrik.de
D-71640 Ludwigsburg                  http://joachimtuchel.wordpress.com
Telefon: +49 7141 56 10 86 0         Fax: +49 7141 56 10 86 1