[Seaside] Generating an callback URL for third-party use

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:03:19 UTC 2014

> Hi Esteban,
>
> You can do it like this:
>
> WACanvas>>magicalCallbackRegister: aBlock
>
>         ^ self context actionUrl withField: (context callbacks store: (JSAjaxCallback on: aBlock))
>
> or inside any rendering method:
>
>         url := html actionUrl withField: (html renderContext callbacks store: (JSAjaxCallback on: aBlock))
>
> This is typically what Seaside bindings for jQuery plugins (et al.) will do to implement a Seaside callback that maps onto a javascript callback (or callback url).

Thank you Johan, last night Sebastian Sastre provided me with a
similar solution, but using an WAActionCallback instead of a
JSAjaxCallback, I don't know what was exactly the difference other
than seeing an HTTP redirect when using the former.

Now it works as expected. I got DataTables fetching data from Seaside. :)

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo