[Seaside] onClick: plus callback:

bobn at rogers.com bobn at rogers.com
Mon Nov 10 13:38:27 UTC 2014

We like to show a 'busy' spinner image when a user clicks on a link.
Years ago we added code like this...

>onClick: ((canvas jQuery id: 'busy') show: 0.3 seconds);
>callback: [some action]

...which works fine, except that sometimes the onClick: action gets triggered without the callback:
The user then sees the 'busy' image, but the view does not change. They think the system has locked up.
I've tried various ajax / onSuccess: mixes, but nothing works exactly right.

What would be a good way to ensure that 'busy' is shown only if the callback: block is triggered?

Thanks for any help,

Bob Nemec
HTS