[Seaside] Someone to tackle failing tests in Squeak?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Wed Nov 12 07:39:31 UTC 2014

> On 12 Nov 2014, at 05:55, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> I am able to load from Metacello now but I think I am missing something in
> the installation of Grease. I have this:
>
>  GRPlatform current ==> a GRPharoPlatform
>
> I have no other subclasses of GRPlatform, so I suspect I have missed part
> of the installation.

I don’t think there is a separately named GRPlatform subclass for Squeak.
AFAIK, Squeak is using the Pharo1.4 version of the Platform class and it was continued from there on.

> I am loading Grease with:
>
>  (ConfigurationOfGrease project version: #stable) load.
>
> This gives me the stable configuration from http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease11/main.
> Grease is also in http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main, but this
> looks like an older version, so I am assuming that Seaside/Grease11 is the right
> one to use.

Yes, that all looks correct.

> Am Imissing part of the Grease installation?

I don’t think so, except that you might want to load the ‘Slime Tests’ group to get all packages of Grease 1.1.x, since the default does not load the tests nor Slime.

Johan