[Seaside] Re: Problem migrating from Seaside 3.0.9 to Seaside 3.1.3

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 12:51:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaringolo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> You made me look into the WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation class.
>
> Is there any reference about the whole WARenderLoopConfiguration hierarchy?
>
> Not strictly related, but can you explain why you use a different
> actionPhaseContinuation?

Probably the seaside book has something with it. In my case, I only use it
for this: my website has a little part in the footer (or admin page) that
shows the latest request for each user. So it displays something like:
"Last request userXxxx  dateandtime....". So I needed a way to hook into
the callbacks processing so that I can store that info. The way this is
done in my case is by creating my own subclass of
WACallbackProcessingActionContinuation, reimplement:

performAction
self session db ifNotNilDo: [:db | db cache at: #lastRequestDateAndTime
put: DateAndTime now
        ].
  super performAction

Cheers,