[Seaside] How can I specify path to css and js libs?

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 01:23:44 UTC 2014

Is the "siteX" stable? or is something dynamic?

If it is stable you can define a FileHandler at '/siteX/', and then in
your code generate the URL's using WAFileHandler's #urlOf:using:

e.g.
| fileHandler |
fileHandler := WAFileHandler new.
fileHandler preferenceAt: #resourceBaseUrl put: (WAUrl absolute: 'siteX') .
(fileHandler libraryAt: #TBSDeploymentLibrary ifAbsent: []) default
urlOf: #cssbootstrapminCss using: fileHandler.

At runtime I guess you would ask the FileHandler to your dispatcher
(or the default).
| fileHandler  |
fileHandler := WADispatcher default handlerAt: 'siteX' ifAbsent:[].
(fileHandler libraryAt: #TBSDeploymentLibrary ifAbsent: []) default
urlOf: #cssbootstrapminCss using: fileHandler.

It's a little convoluted for my taste, however.

Maybe simply setting #resourceBaseUrl to 'siteX' in your WAApplication
(at root) would do the trick.

ps: another option is to use an extension based pattern in nginx,
using try_files for all requests of "static" content (I didn't test
it).
Like:

location ~* \.(?:jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js)$ {
   try_files $uri;
   expires           30d;
   # etc...
}