[Seaside] Pier admin image widget don't work

Jupiter Jones jupiter.jones at mail.com
Sat Oct 18 21:01:10 UTC 2014

Hi Dario,

I had the same issue some time back getting Pier and GS/S playing nicely. I’m not able to recreate today sorry (big storm took everything in the area offline) but from memory I spent some time looking at the paths the NAFileUploader was using for the upload, and Pier was using for display.

One of the “defaultDirectory” methods (In one of the FileDirectory classes) uses “pwd” to find the working directory so I had to launch the gem from the appropriate directory.

When using tODE, I launch the gems from the "$GS_HOME/gemstone/stones/<myStone>/logs” directory.

I’m sorry I can’t confirm this for you now, however it shouldn’t take to long to see if this is the issue.

I think there was also a couple of other minor issues with the initialisation - trying to set #errorHandler or some other configuration option that is no longer in seaside 3 (or 3.1), and a Pillar class that defines a method variable “hasCaption” that is also an instance variable - however I believe this has been fixed, but may not be included in the Configuration.

I don’t have this setup on my dev box now, however I’ll be setting up a Pier/GSS stone this week so should be able to give you better feedback in a couple of days.

Good luck. Pier and GS/S - great combo.

Cheers,

Jupiter
PS. There were a number of issues with Pier Admin rendering, however it did work for the most part.