[Seaside] Re: Setup Pier environment

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Wed Oct 22 11:46:07 UTC 2014

Hi Dario,

There are ci builds of Pier and PierAddons on ci.inria.fr.
They are green, but not everything works. The easiest
way to make things work is to add red tests so you break
the build and then commit fixed versions and configurations.
If you don't know how to fix, just adding red tests already
helps a lot. Just ask in the pharo-dev list for an ci account,
then you can log in and get a much better view on what
exactly is loaded and tested in a build.

What we are currently missing is tests that can pinpoint
the use of deprecated methods/classes. As you noticed,
most needed fixes are rather trivial.

Our Pier3 installation works, but of course does not use
all add-ons. We fixed the problems we encountered,
and will (sometimes slowly, we have a week of holidays
here) continue doing so.

Do you plan on moving to a newer Pharo version soon?

Stephan