[Seaside] Setup Pier environment

dtrussardi at tiscali.it dtrussardi at tiscali.it
Wed Oct 22 12:52:43 UTC 2014

Ciao,

	i have very difficulty to setup the environment for test Pier into Pharo using Seaside3.0.x

I do:

Gofer new
    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';

    package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside3';

    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside3) project version: '3.0.15') load.

ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project currentVersion.	>	  3.0.1.5  OK

Gofer new

    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';

    package: 'ConfigurationOfMagritte3';

    load.

( ConfigurationOfMagritte3 project version: '3.0') load.

ConfigurationOfMagritte3 project currentVersion.		  >		3.1.4    ( not 3.0 because ? )

Gofer new

    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';

    package: 'ConfigurationOfMagritte3AddOns';

    load.

 ( ConfigurationOfMagritte3AddOns project version: '3.0.0') load.

ConfigurationOfMagritte3AddOns project currentVersion. 	>	3.0.0    OK

Gofer new

    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';

    package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3';

    load.

( ConfigurationOfPier3 project version: '3.0.0') load.

ConfigurationOfPier3 project currentVersion. 		>	3.0.1	( not 3.0.0 because ?

Gofer new

    url:'http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main';

    package: 'ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns';

    load.

 ( ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns project version: '3.0.3') load.

ConfigurationOfPier3AddOns project currentVersion.		>	 3.1.1	( not 3.0.3	because ? )

At the end the piersetup don't work.

Some time ago i have similar problem into GLASS.

Dale proposed to load directly the package with the code:

	GsDeployer
  bulkMigrate: [
    {#('Seaside3' '3.0.13' 'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main').
    #('ZincHTTPComponents' '1.1' 'http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents').