[Seaside] SeaSide REST

Rubens Gomes rubens.s.gomes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 01:36:02 UTC 2014

I am learning Smalltalk, and I am developing a REST service on top of Pharo
3 with Latest update #30859.  I have installed the latest SeaSide   I have
done a Manual Installation of the most recent Configuration of SeaSide.
And I have installed the latest SeaSide30Addons.  I would like to ask a few
questions:

1) Why do I see this error in SeaSide, and how do I fix it?  I have the
latest SeaSide running on latest Pharo 3 with Seaside-REST

http://localhost:8080/

Error: you are forbidden to access "/"

2) I have a Seaside REST object  that is not responding to the URL request
below.

http://localhost:8080/weight/kg?lb=10

I have the following class/instance configuration.  Am I missing something
else?

WARestfulHandler subclass: #WeightRestHandler
its class initialize method contains:
WAAdmin register: self at: self 'weight'.

And it has an instance method "weight" with following annotation:

<get>
<produces: 'text/json'>
<path: '/{toUnit}?{fromUnit}={aNumber}'>

Rubens