[Seaside] Can I know if a WATask answered?

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:52:33 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

There is an scenario that I don't know how to deal. I have a main component
that displays tabs. Each tabs render a component. This component could be
anything, including a task. The tab has correctly defined the #children.
And the way the tab displays its current contents (a component) is via:
 "self activeTabComponent renderOn: html"

The problem is if "activeTabComponent" is a Task. Since I am not doing not
replacing anything (calling), I do not use #call: but #renderOn: as
displayed above. The task can, at any point in time, or when the user
clicks "Finish" do a "self answer: nil". I don't know what happens with
this "self answer:" because I didn't do a #call: to that task.

Anyway... I would like to hook from my main component and I would like to
know if the task has answered or even if the #go method finished so that I
can automatically close the tab and remove this task.  Of course, I can
pass the main component to the task, and then from the task itself tell the
main component that he has finished...but I don't like this very much.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

--
Mariano