[Seaside] DataTables jQuery plugin for Seaside and DTMagritteReport

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 23:23:15 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

This mail is just a heads-up to anybody already using DataTables
(https://datatables.net/) or that developed a Seaside wrapper for it.
I just uploaded my initial working version of DataTables to STHub. If
your current wrapper is better than mine we can merge our efforts.

This initial version supports the basic features to instantiate a
DataTables jQuery object, plus support for AJAX+JSON responses and
also Server-side Processing
(https://datatables.net/manual/server-side).

I still have to write a proper example of how to use it, but if you
load the DataTables-Magritte package it will include a
DTMagritteReport that you can use to replace the "stock" MAReport.

Once I have time I'll try to set up an example to show the different
ways it can be used. Meanwhile look at the DTMagritteReport class to
see a particular use case. It includes support for server side sorting
(multiple columns), filtering, pagination, search.

To load it with all the dependencies run:

Gofer it
  smalltalkhubUser: 'emaringolo' project: 'DataTables';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfDataTables';
  load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfDataTables)project development load: 'Magritte'.

The STHub is:
http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~emaringolo/DataTables/

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo