[Seaside] [ANN] Rickshaw.js charting library for Seaside

Gastón Dall' Oglio gaston.dalloglio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:50:04 UTC 2014

Johan, thank for your clarification about Rickshaw. I review the list in
wikipedia later.

> Not many.
>
> Then again, I still implement my Rickshaw charts in plain javascript and
> have Seaside serve it a json.
> Having a wrapper can support certain use cases, but imho you can use many
> charting libraries by just relying on the javascript bindings that come
> with Seaside.
>
> I just want to say: they are all available for use with Seaside. For many
> use cases, you do not need a wrapper for them on the Seaside side.

Sure. But IMHO the javascript binding in Seaside are incomplete and often
incorrects. They are made just to give support to certain libraries to
generate js (jQuery, Scriptaculous, prototype...), see my old post here
http://forum.world.st/jQuery-variable-check-for-onBlur-tp4680625p4680648.html

> It does not mean I don’t appreciate that there is wrapper, on the
> contrary, this is nice and thanks for sharing.

Exactly. And the wrappers are de starting point to add more complex
logic/constructs in Seaside (or better said Smalltalk) side. I always
prefer a wrapper over obscure js strings embeded in Smalltalk code.

> cheers
> Johan

Best
Gastón