[Seaside] Bootstrap Modal in Appex

Maarten Mostert maarten.mostert at wanadoo.fr
Thu Apr 2 12:26:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have the following line of html I need to modal in javascript in order to get the closing cross in my bootstrap modal dialog.

Bootstrap uses >&times;  in order to show the multiplication cross character

I use the following script to make the buttton.

var aModalTopCloseButton = this.elementNameClass("button","close");
      aModalTopCloseButton.setAttribute("data-dismiss", "modal");
var aSpan1 = document.createElement("span");
      aSpan1.setAttribute("aria-hidden", "true");
      aSpan1.appendChild(document.createTextNode("&times"));

aModalTopCloseButton.appendChild(aSpan1 );
aModalTopCloseButton.appendChild(this.spanWithClassText("sr-only","Close") );

The above however doesn't work it'll show me the modal like this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m504ar91d4bhe3f/2015-04-02_14-13-50.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/m504ar91d4bhe3f/2015-04-02_14-13-50.png?dl=0>
While it should look like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x7izhemm4r7e8q/2015-04-02_14-14-50.png?dl=0 <https://www.dropbox.com/s/3x7izhemm4r7e8q/2015-04-02_14-14-50.png?dl=0>

I am pritty sure there is a small detail I don't get.

Thanks for any help.

Maarten MOSTERT