[Seaside] JQuery-UI Datepicker challenges

Sanjay Minni sm at planage.com
Mon Feb 2 11:57:15 UTC 2015

Hi

I am using JQuery-UI Datepicker (Pharo 4) as follows:

targetDate is a variable of Date class and I need to display in format
dd/mm/yyyy)

    html textInput
	value: ( targetDate isNil ifFalse: [ targetDate printFormat: #(1 2 3 $/ 1 1
2) ] );
	callback: [ :value | targetDate isNil
		ifFalse: [
			targetDate := ( Date readFrom: value pattern: 'dd/mm/yyyy' ) ] ];
	script: (html jQuery new datepicker
		dateFormat: 'dd/mm/yy';
		onSelect: ( html jQuery ajax serializeThis ) ) .

I am not finding the behavior very smooth - so overall is the right way to
use
Is there a validation available to check if the string entered by the user
is a valid date - the user may enter only 1 digit for dd and mm unless there
is a template to ensure leading 0's

are there any other datepicker widgets that could be a good options

thanks
Sanjay

-----
---