[Seaside] Re: Form generation and validation

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 13:18:52 UTC 2015

Hi Hilaire.

For the customer I have been working, we are using Magritte. However, we
have extended it soooo much that I am not sure which % of magritte we are
still using. We use our each component for each type of description (most
of them subclasses of Magritte ones), some own descriptions, own memento +
own hooks, own table renderer, own magritte-report, own columns...
Everything is AJAXfied and Bootstrap styled.
Quite similar to QCMagritte I would say, but maybe more features. The code
is not mine (but my client one) and we are analyzing different
possibilities to do something with this CRUD system we developed.  But we
must first focus in the domain usage of it (financial app) that we have
now.

All of this is to say that Magritte is good to use it, but you likely need
to understand it and extend it to have something really useful.

Best,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl> wrote:

> We started with a derivative from Mold called Deltawerken. You can see it
> in action
> in the Storyboard application of
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/StoryBoard/
> We had a gemstone application deployed for a startup. It worked well.
>
> We then moved to Magritte and extended it with QCMagritte.
> It is very powerful, and the learnability for "advanced" features
> is difficult. It takes  a lot of time to really grasp the concepts
> and to apply them well.
>
> It was a conscious move to go for a platform with more users/
> developers than just us, but so far we have not seen anyone
> get farther than just trying it out.
>
> The nice thing about describing the application at a high
> abstraction level is that it supports switching technologies.
>
> Stephan

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com