[Seaside] Seaside and Connection Reset by Peer problems

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Tue Feb 17 21:32:06 UTC 2015

> On Feb 17, 2015, at 4:52 PM, David Carlos Manuelda <stormbyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> and, of course it responded to ~1k
> concurrent petitions without problems, but of course, it still failed beyond
> some point, so that is why I decided to run tests on a single one.
>
> Isn't there any way to change this behavior, for example by letting a higher
> timeout or something else in order not to have those connections rejected so
> soon? Because in my opinion, less than 300 petition per second on the same
> image is not such a high load for it to be starting to drop connections.

So you know there is a number. NodeJS, Ruby VM, the JVM even Google they all also have a number in which they have to do horizontal scaling.

The best question you can use now is if your number for your concrete app is giving you stuff in a way that is cheap enough to horizontally scale going safely to profitability (or not).

Pharo is getting better by the day so you will have some “free rides” ahead to enjoy.